"The mission of Greenglasses is to empower people to change the world by starting with themselves. We think that consumers actually have great power to have an impact by ‘voting with our money’ every day, consuming less and choosing better. "
The problem we aim to solve in detail
In recent years we have becoming increasingly aware of the impact of over-consumption on our planet – and we see this rise in consciousness happening globally. However, the average person often feels powerless to make a change. Even if we care deeply, we feel it is up to governments, corporations and NGOs to save us from the world’s problems. We want to stress that we all have the power to make a change by starting with our own lives and voting with our money.
The thing is, sometimes we don’t know how to start. While we know the products and services we buy are often harmful, we don’t always know where to find alternatives. Greenglasses is about making it easy to find less harmful ways of meeting our needs without compromising on style, convenience or price.
Greenglasses aims to be a practical tool for sustainable living
- In our directory we list businesses and initiatives that meet all your needs, from food to clothing.
- So far we have profiled over 120 businesses in Prague, in every category of life, and our goal is to make our directory as comprehensive as possible.
- We also profile projects that help people to reduce their consumption, be more self-sufficient and share.
- We write articles in our blog to help curate content from our directory and highlight inspiring stories.
- We also are planning on adding other services such as a section for green events, jobs and news.
We are continuously developing and improving our methodology to select and assess businesses and initiatives
- We have developed a detailed questionnaire asking businesses about key environmental, social and health criteria.
- Only businesses meeting our core criteria are included in our directory.
- Businesses do not pay to be included in our directory, to keep us independent.
- We offer a space for user reviews so that our readers can comment and even disagree, because we believe consumer democracy is a powerful tool.
"We think local movements can play a big role in gradually shifting our society towards more sustainable habits of consumption. That is our mission, and we invite you to join us. "